Securing an inflatable stand-up paddleboard (SUP) to a roof rack is an important step before any voyage out at sea.
With the proper technique and supplies, you can rest assured that your board will remain safe throughout transit.
Here are a few simple steps to help get you started:
- First off, make sure your vehicle is properly equipped with all necessary tools – this includes tie-down straps, ratchet straps and carabiners. If your roof rack already comes with integrated slots then those will come in handy too. Additionally, it’s always good to have a repair kit nearby for quick fixes along the way.
- Now that materials are checked off the list – let’s move onto actually mounting your board. Start by positioning it face up onto the roof rack in a uniform manner; this allows for more even distribution when strapping down later on.
- Afterward grab two tie-down straps – one should be looped around the bow & stern while the other should cover both sides of board closest to middle sections.
- Next, place four more ratchet straps across lengthwise with one placed near each corner and one in center portion. Make sure they are facing towards opposite directions so they don’t overlap during tightening.
- Now grab your carabiners and begin connecting all eight straps together until secure; take extra care when pulling each strap taut as excess pressure can cause damage over time. Afterward double check everything once again before hitting the road – just look for any potential signs of wear & tear that could weaken ties during travels ahead.
In conclusion, strapping down an inflatable SUP onto a roof rack doesn’t have to be difficult task – just follow these helpful tips & tricks and you’ll soon be ready for whatever water adventures await beyond our shores.
So gather all necessary equipment beforehand, find yourself a suitable platform atop vehicles (no matter how large or small), and enjoy pure aquatic freedom knowing full well your board has been secured safely & securely.